In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. ai???Claimai??? means an obligation for the payment of money or its equivalent and a sum or sums owed, due or asserted to be owed or due to another, for which a person is employed to demand payment and collect or enforce such payment, and includes:
(a) Obligations for the payment of money to another, in the form of conditional sales agreements, notwithstanding the personal property sold thereunder, for which payment is claimed or may be or is repossessed in lieu of payment.
(b) An obligation for the payment of money or its equivalent and a sum or sums owed, due or asserted to be owed or due which is sold or assigned to a purchaser or assignee for which either:
(i) The final payment has not been tendered to the seller or assignor.
(ii) Title has not yet passed.
(iii) The purchaser or assignee has a right of recourse against the seller or assignor.
2. ai???Collection agencyai??? means: (a) All persons engaged directly or indirectly in soliciting claims for collection or in collection of claims owed, due or asserted to be owed or due. (b) Any person who, in the process of collecting debts occurring in the operation of his own business, uses any name other than his own which would indicate that a third person is collecting or attempting to collect such debts.
3. ai???Departmentai??? means the department of financial institutions.
4. ai???Financial institutionai??? means a person who does business under any other law of this state or law of another state or the United States relating to banks, trust companies, savings and loan associations, credit unions and savings banks.
5. ai???Personai??? means an individual, firm, partnership, association or corporation.
6. ai???Superintendentai??? means the superintendent of financial institutions.
A. The following persons are exempt from the provisions of this chapter when engaged in the regular course of their respective businesses but shall comply with the requirements of Ai?? 32-1051, paragraphs 2 through 7 and Ai?? 32-1055, subsection C and subsection D, paragraphs 1, 2, 3 and 5:
2. A person regularly employed on a regular wage or salary in the capacity of credit person or a similar capacity, cialisvsviagra-toprx.com except as an independent contractor.
3. Banks, including trust departments of a bank, fiduciaries and financing and lending institutions.
4. Common carriers.
5. Title insurers, title insurance agents and abstract companies while doing an escrow business.
6. Licensed real estate brokers.
7. Employees of licensees under this chapter.
8. Substation payment offices employed by or serving as independent contractors or public utilities.
9. A person licensed pursuant to title 6, chapter 7. [FN1]
10. A person licensed pursuant to title 6, chapter 9. [FN2]
12. A participant in a finance transaction in which a lender receives the right to collect commercial claims due the borrower by assignment, by purchase or by the taking of a security interest in those commercial claims.
13. An accounting, bookkeeping or billing service provider that complies with all of the following:
(a) Does not accept accounts that are contractually past due at the time of receipt.
(b) Does not initiate any contact with individual debtors except for the initial written notice of the amount owing and one written follow-up notice.
(c) Does not give or send to any debtor a written communication that requests or demands payment.
(d) Does not receive or have access to monies paid by debtors or their insurers.
(e) All communications with the debtors are done in the name of the creditor.
14. A person collecting claims owed, due or asserted to be owed or due to a financial institution the deposits of which are viagra dosage insured by an agency of the federal government, or any affiliate of the financial institution, if the person is related by common ownership or affiliated by corporate control with the financial institution and collects the claims only howdoescialis-worklast.com for the financial institution or any affiliate of the financial institution.
15. A person who is licensed pursuant to title 20, chapter 2, article 3, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 or 3.4 [FN4] and who is authorized to collect premiums under an insurance policy financed by a premium finance agreement as defined in Ai?? 6-1401.
B. For the purposes of subsection A, paragraph 12 of this section:
1. A transaction shall not be deemed a finance transaction if the primary purpose is to facilitate the collection of claims.
2. ai???Commercial claimai??? does not include an account arising from the purchase of a service or product intended for personal, family or household use.
C. For the purposes of subsection A, paragraph 13, subdivision (b) of this section, the initial written notice and follow-up notice may contain only the following information:
1. The name, address, telephone and telefacsimile numbers of the creditor.
4. The address or place where payment is to be made.
5. If the payment is past due, that payment is past due.
D. For a person who is exempt under subsection A, paragraph 14 of this section, the superintendent shall investigate complaints of residents of this state relating to any violations of Ai?? 32-1051, paragraphs 2 through 7 or Ai?? 32-1055, subsection C or subsection D, paragraph 1, 2, 3 or 5 and may cialis super active online examine the books, accounts, claims and files of a person that relate to the complaint. A person who is cialis and l-arginine exempt and who violates the provisions of Ai?? 32-1051, paragraphs 2 through 7 or Ai?? 32-1055, subsection C or subsection D, paragraph 1, 2, 3 or 5 is subject to the provisions of Ai??Ai?? 6-132, 6-136 and 6-137.